How to Save Earth – Essay
Saving the earth means protecting the earth and its atmosphere. Over the years, people around the world has seen changes on Earth that has left many in shock, grief, and worry. From global warming to water droughts, some feel that Earth is beyond help or saving, while others are scrambling for a plan to save it.
Protecting the Earth and its atmosphere, people must do their part to help save the planet. Whether recycling or using energy efficient light bulbs, making sure that we all protect the atmosphere is a must for all living things in the world to survive. Showing generations under us is something that should be considered when taking on the responsibility of protecting the planet.
Without knowing the basic steps of how to help with protecting the earth, many living things in it may die or come close to the brink of extinction. Good practices of world saving techniques is what is needed in every generation around the world.
Ways to Save the World
As the years go by, the world becomes more concerned about how to protect the atmosphere. There have been many ways discovered as to how the world can be better protected. Some of these ways include:
- Turning Your Computer Off At Night – With your computer being turned off at night, less power is being used. You are also saving money from not using as much power. This helps with having that money to use in other places as well as saving power in your home.
- Recycle Glass – Unrecycled glass can be dangerous to the environment, with it taking up to a million years to decompose. Recycling glass will keep water pollution down by 50 percent if it is recycled after being used.
- Wash Laundry Sensibly – When doing laundry, you should always try to wash whole loads of laundry and wash on the warm cycle instead of on the hot cycle. Making the change from hot to warm, can help with saving around 100,000 barrels of oil a
- Keep Your Vehicle Maintained – If you keep the filters clean and tires properly inflated, then your vehicle will be more fuel efficient. Keeping the trunk of your car clean also helps with saving fuel, because the more weight that is in your car, the more fuel it uses.
- Recycle Your Cell Phone – With many people replacing their cell phones every year, some of these cell phones usually end up in landfills. This is dangerous to the environment because the toxins from a leaked cell phone battery pollutes the soil. Finding a recycling program for used cell phones in your area will be good and it will cut down on the pollution or the contamination of the ground.
- Don’t Use Plastic Bags – Plastic bags are not recyclable or biodegradable and are a danger to all living sources, especially the plants and animals that live in or around water. Plastic is left in the landfill and oftentimes ends up in the oceans and in our food sources. Using bags that are reusable or buying cloth grocery bags from the store will cut down on plastic being a danger to the planet.
- Use A Laptop, Not A Desktop – Using a laptop is more energy efficient than using a desktop. Laptops are also good because of their extended battery life.
- Recycle Old Appliances – It is important to recycle appliances because they have plastic, glass, and other nonbiodegrable materials in them. So it is very important to recycle them if they are not being used. This help protects all living things as well as the Earth.
More Ways to Save Earth
- By Second Hand Things – Buying second hand clothes and other items, cuts down on the demand of manufactures having to make clothes. This also reduces the amount of clothes being found in the landfill.
- Get Your Bills Online Instead of by Paper – By receiving your bills online, you are reducing trees being cut down, certain chemicals being used to print the bills, and also fuels being burned to deliver them. This helps with protecting the Earth even more as well.
- Use Recycled Paper – The use of recycled paper is not only cheaper than regular paper, it also cuts down on deforestation. Recycled paper brings down the use of toxic chemicals.
- Change Your Light Bulbs – Using compact fluorescent light bulbs lasts a lot longer and uses even less energy than a regular light bulb.
- Use a Bike Instead of a Car – There is less fuel being burnt in the atmosphere when you use your bike instead of drive a car.
- Compost – This is effective for fertilizer for gardening and it cuts down on wastes in landfills.
- Use a Programmable Thermostat – Using a programmable thermostat saves energy if you reduce the heat or air conditioning on it.
Saving the planet is hard work, but making the effort to make sure that you are recycling, using organic products, or saving energy, puts you on a path to help protect the earth. Keeping yourself educated on how you can do more with recycling is a good start. Taking time to educate others is even better, because the younger generations will know and learn how to appreciate the earth and all living things in it.